A customer calls with a complaint or question. You’re not ready to respond, but promise that you will. Don’t tell them to call you back. Instead say:
“I will call you back at (specific date or time).”
Why? Follow-up phone conversations should always be initiated by you, not the customer. Don’t forget to call when promised.
Karen Leland and Keith Bailey, Customer Service for Dummies
This article originally appeared in the July-August 2017 edition of PETS+.
Latest Know How Articles
- Inbox: Letters From Our Readers for September-October 2017
- Build Your Christmas Music Playlist and More To-Dos for September and October
- The Year's Dumbest Holiday and More September-October Dates to Remember
- How Would You Deal With the Case of the Outsourced Sitter?
- Here's What to Say to That Customer Who Won't End Her Phone Call