A customer calls with a complaint or question. You’re not ready to respond, but promise that you will. Don’t tell them to call you back. Instead say:
“I will call you back at (specific date or time).”
Why? Follow-up phone conversations should always be initiated by you, not the customer. Don’t forget to call when promised.
Karen Leland and Keith Bailey, Customer Service for Dummies
This article originally appeared in the July-August 2017 edition of PETS+.
Latest Know How Articles
- An Employee's Phone is Stolen While On the Job. Should the Store-Owner Replace It?
- More Than Half of Pet Pros Do Cooperative Promotions With Other Local Businesses
- Make Getting Lost on Your Website a Pleasure ... and More March Tips
- 7 Stories Pet Business Owners Should Know
- Plan a Pet Fashion Show ... and More To-Dos for March