Here’s an idea that's contrary to just about everything you'll read about marketing: This idea owes its inspiration to a UK coffee retailer who handed out Disloyalty Cards to patrons. The recipients were promised a free cup of coffee if they would travel to 10 of the store’s direct rivals and collect stamps to prove they had bought coffees there. Absolute insanity? Yes and no. This was a coffee store owner who obviously had extreme confidence in his product and a flair for generating media buzz. Do you have the same confidence in your service? (We’re not just talking normal confidence, we’re talking extreme confidence.) If so, how about offering a free groom to any current customer who takes his dog to be groomed at three of your local rivals?
This article originally appeared in the September-October 2017 edition of PETS+.
Latest Know How Articles
- An Employee's Phone is Stolen While On the Job. Should the Store-Owner Replace It?
- More Than Half of Pet Pros Do Cooperative Promotions With Other Local Businesses
- Make Getting Lost on Your Website a Pleasure ... and More March Tips
- 7 Stories Pet Business Owners Should Know
- Plan a Pet Fashion Show ... and More To-Dos for March