A recent study by health researchers at Uppsala University found that when Swedes take time off, antidepressant prescriptions go down. Hardly surprising. More interesting was a related finding about the timing of those vacations: The more people holidayed at the same time, the greater the rate at which prescriptions decreased. It’s not hard to guess why synchronized time-off is so powerful: It’s easier to nurture relationships with family and friends when they are on leave, too; meanwhile, if the workplace is deserted while you’re trying to relax, you’re spared anxious thoughts about tasks piling up, inboxes filling, or scheming colleagues trying to steal your job. The take-away? Think about closing the store for a week and telling everyone to go forget about work. Your staff and you really will come back fully restored and rearing to work.
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 edition of PETS+.
Latest Know How Articles
- An Employee's Phone is Stolen While On the Job. Should the Store-Owner Replace It?
- More Than Half of Pet Pros Do Cooperative Promotions With Other Local Businesses
- Make Getting Lost on Your Website a Pleasure ... and More March Tips
- 7 Stories Pet Business Owners Should Know
- Plan a Pet Fashion Show ... and More To-Dos for March