DO YOU HAVE A CUSTOMER LOYALTY PROGRAM?
- We work off referrals and word of mouth. If new clients come and tell us who sent them, we give the referee a $10 credit toward the next groom. No limits. Clients love this. Rachel Diller, Urban Sophisticats, Littleton, CO
- We use a digital platform called Belly (bellycard.com). It has an iPad at our registers and allows users to earn points for each visit and then redeem their points when they choose for rewards that we select. We have fun things like Top Dog for the Day (which doesn’t cost us any money but people save up their points for it). There is a monthly fee, but we get placed on a map and directory with Belly and it also allows for a completely easy, no mess system. Candace D’Agnolo, Dogaholics, Chicago, IL
- I have packages for dog training that are discounted based on the weeks bought. I also have a “refer a friend,” where you get one free “Smart Walk” for every friend you refer. Jennifer Wynen, Petiquette Dog Training, South Bend, IN
- Yes, but with some regret. Ours is all done manually which has been a beast to keep contained. The success we had was way beyond what we imagined. Trent McCoy, McCoy Feed & Pet Supply, Midland, NC
- We use the Perka app (perka.com), which is a phone app that customers can use to check in when in the store and that allows us to see that they’ve checked in (see their name) and apply their points to their account. If they don’t check in, no problem, a code prints up on a receipt that they can enter into the app to apply the points! Alli McDonough, Fido & Stitch, Grand Rapids, MI
- Customers can earn up to 3 percent back on purchases or they can donate those points to our Shelter Feeding Program, which allows us to donate over $50,000 a year of dog and cat food to local shelters. Russell Herman, Pet$aver Healthy Pet Superstore, Rochester, NY
- As a summer seasonal business in a coastal resort town, our customer base is very transient. We are a quick stop for many who have forgotten to pack dog food, toys, etc. Jamie Idzi, Yuppy Puppy, Bethany Beach, DE
- We haven’t been able to find one that is affordable for our business. Matt Spivey-Bevington, 2Guyz Boutique for Pets, Elwood, IN
- I haven’t implemented one but about to raise prices so might be good time to. Trish Elliott, Town & Country Pet Resort, Valley Springs, CA
This article originally appeared in the May-June 2017 edition of PETS+.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. pet business serving the public, you're invited to join the PETS+ Brain Squad. Take one five-minute quiz a month, and get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the pet industry. Sign up here.
PETS+ ON INSTAGRAM
Latest Know How Articles
- Most Pet Retailers Still Aren't Wearing Nametags ... Here's Why
- Here's What to Say to a Customer When You *Really* Need a Little Bit of Time
- Handling the Employee Who Loves to Drop F-Bombs ... and More Questions Answered for April
- Script the Perfect Store Tour ... and More To-Dos for April
- Celebrate National Pet Day in a Big Way ... and More April Events