21 metrics were examined.
A new list from WalletHub examines the "most pet-friendly" cities in the U.S.
The ranking of the 100 largest cities is based on 21 metrics. Among the criteria are pet businesses per capita, veterinarians per capita and walkability. (Read about the methodology here.)
At No. 1 on the list is Scottsdale, AZ. The city scores particularly well in the areas of "Pet Health & Wellness" and "Outdoor Pet-Friendliness," but not so well in terms of "Pet Budget."
Rounding out the top five:
- Phoenix, AZ.
- Tampa, FL.
- San Diego, CA.
- Orlando, FL.
Last on the list is Newark, NJ.
Read more at WalletHub
The Latest PETS+ Headlines
- Scientists Reveal One More Reason Pets Are Awesome — They May Help Prevent Asthma in Kids
- Animal Nutrition Product Maker Announces Acquisition
- People Who Abandoned Dogs During Irma Could Be Charged with Felonies
- Scammers Netted Millions With Fraudulent Flea Meds, Authorities Say
- Here's What Science Says About Letting Your Dog Sleep in Your Bed