Previously it stuck to specialty retailers.
Certain products from Wilton, CT-based Blue Buffalo Pet Products will soon be available at Target, Publix, Kroger and Meijer, according to an article in The Hour, a local newspaper.
The line of pet food available at the major retailers will be Blue Life Protection Formula. Blue Buffalo Pet Products brands have until now stuck with specialty pet retailers, as The Hour notes.
The company has informed specialty retailers in its distribution network of the plans.
Billy Bishop, CEO of the company, is quoted saying: "We are not pulling away from specialty channel whatsoever — we’re increasing our investment. We want to continue to drive pet parents into that channel where they can still find the broadest selection of Blue products."
Read more at The Hour
The Latest PETS+ Headlines
- Scientists Reveal One More Reason Pets Are Awesome — They May Help Prevent Asthma in Kids
- Animal Nutrition Product Maker Announces Acquisition
- People Who Abandoned Dogs During Irma Could Be Charged with Felonies
- Scammers Netted Millions With Fraudulent Flea Meds, Authorities Say
- Here's What Science Says About Letting Your Dog Sleep in Your Bed