So you think you’re pretty cool.
That is to say: You’re considering entering this year’s America’s Coolest Stores contest. That’s great news. The contest offers the pet industry’s preeminent opportunity to show off all the neat stuff you’ve done with your business. Winners are not only lauded as visionaries by their peers, but many also report benefits including a slimmer waistline, thicker and more luxurious hair and increased vigor and stamina. We also send you a free set of knives.*
And here’s the really great news: This year, we’re going to make it easier than ever to get your contest entry ready. This very blog post, which you are reading right now, kicks off a series of “training posts” you can follow along with to get your entry in tip-top shape.
Here are some things we’ll be covering:
- How to write a great description of your business
- Submitting photos that make your business
- Deciding what’s “cool” about your business
- How not to lose all the information you’ve entered, so that you get frustrated and lose your temper and kick the wall and frighten your staff and have to re-enter everything.
- Enter at petsplusmag.com/acs
- Enter by March 15, 2018
All right! This is very exciting. Check back soon for the next post.
Next time: Eligibility, logging in, and not doing everything at the last minute
* OK, no knives, and we can’t guarantee the slimmer waist, fuller head of hair or increased vigor. But our 12 winners will be featured in the July-August issue of PETS+ for the entire pet care industry to see, and the top three will get trophies, too.