Remember: Cool = different.
“Our fancies are always tickled by the unexpected or serendipitous — in-store photo booths, really unique ad campaigns, $200 interior build-outs (that look amazing) — things that make a business stand out from all the others.”
One of our editors wrote that during an email conversation about the America’s Coolest Stores contest.
Here are a few other things our judges will likely value:
- A novel aesthetic.
- One striking element.
- New twists on how to sell pets, pet gear and pet services.
- Consistently stepped-up customer service. And what’s most cool is not individual stories of over-the-top customer service, but rather when a business builds a better approach to service right into their system, every day.
- Interesting event ideas. We love both slightly out-of-the ordinary in-store events and other marketing efforts that draw attention.
PETS+ ON INSTAGRAM
Latest America's Coolest Pet Business Features
- Yes, They Can: A Washington, DC, Store Bucks the Conventional and Leads the Way in Sustainability
- Flying M Feed Co. Has Grown in Size and Scope from 64-Square-Foot Beginnings
- A Store for Those Who Prefer Boutique to Big Box
- Years of Collecting Images and Ideas Led to This Rhode Island Store
- School's in Session for Dog Food Buyers at Maxwell & Molly's Closet