A customer calls with a complaint or question. You’re not ready to respond, but promise that you will. Don’t tell them to call you back. Instead say:
“I will call you back at (specific date or time).”
Why? Follow-up phone conversations should always be initiated by you, not the customer. Don’t forget to call when promised.
Karen Leland and Keith Bailey, Customer Service for Dummies
This article originally appeared in the July-August 2017 edition of PETS+.
PETS+ ON INSTAGRAM
Latest Know How Articles
- CBD & Hemp Products: What You Need to Know
- Suggest Pet-Themed Books and Movies to Watch to Your Audience
- When a Puppy Spoils a Store Event, the Ones Most in Need of Training Are the Puppy's Parents
- No More Flying by the Seat of Your Pants
- Freshen Up Your Product Selection Without New Orders ... and 7 Other Tips