Here’s an idea that's contrary to just about everything you'll read about marketing: This idea owes its inspiration to a UK coffee retailer who handed out Disloyalty Cards to patrons. The recipients were promised a free cup of coffee if they would travel to 10 of the store’s direct rivals and collect stamps to prove they had bought coffees there. Absolute insanity? Yes and no. This was a coffee store owner who obviously had extreme confidence in his product and a flair for generating media buzz. Do you have the same confidence in your service? (We’re not just talking normal confidence, we’re talking extreme confidence.) If so, how about offering a free groom to any current customer who takes his dog to be groomed at three of your local rivals?
This article originally appeared in the September-October 2017 edition of PETS+.
PETS+ ON INSTAGRAM
Latest Know How Articles
- CBD & Hemp Products: What You Need to Know
- Suggest Pet-Themed Books and Movies to Watch to Your Audience
- When a Puppy Spoils a Store Event, the Ones Most in Need of Training Are the Puppy's Parents
- No More Flying by the Seat of Your Pants
- Freshen Up Your Product Selection Without New Orders ... and 7 Other Tips