A recent study by health researchers at Uppsala University found that when Swedes take time off, antidepressant prescriptions go down. Hardly surprising. More interesting was a related finding about the timing of those vacations: The more people holidayed at the same time, the greater the rate at which prescriptions decreased. It’s not hard to guess why synchronized time-off is so powerful: It’s easier to nurture relationships with family and friends when they are on leave, too; meanwhile, if the workplace is deserted while you’re trying to relax, you’re spared anxious thoughts about tasks piling up, inboxes filling, or scheming colleagues trying to steal your job. The take-away? Think about closing the store for a week and telling everyone to go forget about work. Your staff and you really will come back fully restored and rearing to work.
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 edition of PETS+.
PETS+ ON INSTAGRAM
Latest Know How Articles
- Suggest Pet-Themed Books and Movies to Watch to Your Audience
- When a Puppy Spoils a Store Event, the Ones Most in Need of Training Are the Puppy's Parents
- No More Flying by the Seat of Your Pants
- Freshen Up Your Product Selection Without New Orders ... and 7 Other Tips
- From Software to Help You Run Your Service Business to the Perfect Car Wrap