Watch the viral video.
Katherine Weaver had no choice but to flee her neighborhood in Santa Rosa, CA, as a wildfire began to consume it. And she had no intention of leaving her Bernese mountain dog, Izzy, behind.
But as she and her husband started to get into their car, Izzy leapt from her arms and ran into the night, Inside Edition reports. The couple barely escaped the neighborhood as flames reached 30 feet into the air.
Weaver became distraught thinking the dog had died.
But the story has a happy ending. The next day, Weaver's son, Jack Weaver, went to check on the house. When he called the dog's name, she came running.
The scene was captured on a video that has gone viral on Facebook.
Take a look:
Read more at Inside Edition
PETS+ ON INSTAGRAM
The Latest PETS+ Headlines
- City Council Votes Against Requiring 4-Year Warranty for Pet-Store Dogs and Cats
- City Considers Requiring 4-Year Warranty for Pet-Store Dogs, Cats
- Pet Shop Reopens After Fire That Caused $425K in Damage
- Dogtopia Signs Deals for 14 Units, Plans to Have 400 by 2021
- Fruitables Dog Treat and Supplement Brand Acquired