'It took much longer than I thought.'

Pearce’s Pet Place in Indiana, which was heavily damaged in a 2015 fire, has opened its doors once again, the Indiana Gazette reports.

The blaze caused an estimated $425,000 in damage and left many animals dead. Owner Mike Pearce was able to restore the business after he received insurance reimbursement.

"We had to tear out the walls, plumbing and electric and rebuild it all," he told the Gazette. "It took much longer than I thought."

He said he's operating on a smaller scale now and not breeding nearly as many animals as he used to.

He said he's just glad no one was hurt in the fire and happy to be operating his business in the White Township community again. 

Read more at Indiana Gazette

This story is tagged under: