Connect with us

Headlines

Pet Shop Reopens After Fire That Caused $425K in Damage

mm

Published

on

‘It took much longer than I thought.’

Pearce’s Pet Place in Indiana, which was heavily damaged in a 2015 fire, has opened its doors once again, the Indiana Gazette reports.

The blaze caused an estimated $425,000 in damage and left many animals dead. Owner Mike Pearce was able to restore the business after he received insurance reimbursement.

“We had to tear out the walls, plumbing and electric and rebuild it all,” he told the Gazette. “It took much longer than I thought.”

He said he’s operating on a smaller scale now and not breeding nearly as many animals as he used to.

Advertisement

He said he’s just glad no one was hurt in the fire and happy to be operating his business in the White Township community again. 

Read more at Indiana Gazette

Advertisement

FEATURED VIDEO

NASC Media Spotlight

At first it was just an idea: Animal supplements needed the same quality control that human-grade supplements receive. But that was enough to start a movement and an organization —the National Animal Supplement Council — that would be dedicated to establishing a comprehensive path forward for the animal supplements industry. In this Media Spotlight interview, NASC’s president, Bill Bookout, talks to PETS+ interviewer Chloe DiVita about the industry today: Where it’s headed, what’s the latest focus and why it’s vital to gain the involvement of independent pet product retailers.

Promoted Headlines

Most Popular