(PRESS RELEASE) Bark Your Biz, the first and only entrepreneur pitch competition exclusively for the pet care industry, has closed applications and announced the lineup for this year’s live program at the 2019 Global Pet Expo.
The event takes place from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room W306A at the Orlando Convention Center.
Bark Your Biz was created by and is hosted by Anthony and Amanda Bennie, the 22-time award-winning founders of Clear Conscience Pet. The program is sponsored by Clear Conscience Pet and its SuperGravy brand of holistic instant pet food topper gravy and broth mixes.
Bark Your Biz gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to present their products or services in a three minute elevator pitch to a panel of pet industry experts. The “Barkers” will be questioned about their products, branding, and market strategy by the panel. Three winners will be selected among the contestants based on Pitch, Product, and Market Potential. The winners will be eligible for personal consulting sessions from the hosts and panelists, including branding and packaging reviews, website evaluations, digital marketing support, ecommerce, and retail penetration strategies.
The Bark Your Biz lineup of companies and founder/presenters is as follows. Note that the order of presenters is accurate, but the assigned time slots are approximate.
- 3:00-3:10 Animal Essentials: Greg Tilford
- 3:15-3:25 Addison Pet Yards- Fish Gallery- Yard Dog: Roger DeGregori
- 3:30-3:40 Pet FX/Canna Love: Jarid Gardner
- 3:45- 3:55 Teef! Daily Dog Dental Care: Lindsey Huff & Emily Stein
- INTERMISSION 10 MINUTES
- 4:10- 4:20 Kitchen Dog: Terry Kasper
- 4:25- 4:35 Walkee Paws: Lisa Baronoff
- 4:40- 4:50 Rockster Pet Foods: Zoe and Sven Ley
- 4:55- 5:05 Pet Krewe: Allison Albert
- 5:15-5:25 K9 Corp. / Yak-9 Chews Pukar Payakurel
- 5:25- 5:30: PANEL CONFERS, SCORES TALLIED, and WINNERS ANNOUNCED
The panelists for Bark Your Biz are pet business experts and writers:
- Phil Chang is the Founder of Retail Phil and is a retailing expert and consultant who writes for Pet Product News and other publications. Chang will also be leading a retailing strategy seminar at the 2019 Global Pet Expo;
- BC Henschen is the founder/owner of the Platinum Paws, a legacy independent pet specialty retail store in Carmel, Indiana. Henschen also serves as Association for Truth in Pet Food consumer advocate on the board of the American Association of Feed Control Officials, and also serves on the World Pet Association board of directors. His monthly column can be found monthly on the back page of PET PRODUCT NEWS.
- Candace D’Agnolo is a pet industry consultant who built a successful pet specialty retail chain and is now the founder and CEO of Pet Boss Nation, a membership-based think tank and training resource for pet business entrepreneurs. Pet Boss Nation hosts Camp Pet Boss, a rustic annual retreat for pet business entrepreneurs. D’Agnolo also writes a monthly column in PETS+ magazine.
Bark Your Biz welcomes Global Pet Expo press, buyers, and exhibitors to attend all or part of the live studio taping. “The show is entertaining and informative,” said Bennie. “Our panelists do ask some tough questions, but always with kindness and a genuine desire to help identify strengths and opportunities for the Barkers.”
The show will be available as a Bennie and the Pets Podcast as well as on the Clear Conscience Pet YouTube channel after the show is completed.